Possums Over the Moon
What is it?
Possums Over the Moon is an online teaching resource created by Eugenie Teychenné for Beginner String Programs in schools.
It provides curriculum and structure for the first year of string group teaching, using online audio/visual tools to teach repertoire and technique in the classroom.
The pieces are composed and arranged for sequential learning across all the string instruments and are great fun to play.
AUSTA National Conference – Melbourne 1 – 4 July 2022
How does it assist learning?
- Interactive videos for big screen provide a central focus point for the class
- Audio backing tracks build aural memory and develop ensemble skills
- Synchronised moving cursor trains the eye to follow the score
- Optional tempos accommodate students’ rate of learning
- Preparation exercises develop technical skills specific to each piece
- Practice Pod videos guide and motivate students’ practice at home
- Lesson plans provide curriculum and structure
- 15 original pieces build technique progressively across all string instruments
What’s in the box?
An annual subscription gives you the following online teaching tools & resources:
- Read & Play Videos of 15 original pieces in optional tempos
- Interactive Preparation Videos for each piece
- Unlimited student access to Practice Pods
- PDF Scores & Flash Cards for big screen
- Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plans
- Preview scores & audio tracks for quick reference
- Optional audio-only backing tracks
- Downloadable Student eBooks for Violin, Viola, Cello & Bass
- Downloadable Teacher’s eBook with full scores
- Downloadable Piano Accompaniment eBook
- Website access for 5 Teacher Members
What does it cost?
There is one simple plan for everyone. An annual subscription costs $475 and runs for 12 months from the day of Registration.
A free one-hour consultation is available upon request to help you get started.
How do I access it?
Tools & resources are accessed from the Possums Over the Moon website in your browser. You will need a reliable internet connection, projector and a big screen to display the videos.
Practice Pods can be accessed easily by students on their own devices, with no group registration or password required.
How do I purchase?
Payment is made by Credit Card or by Manual Payment. Go to possumsoverthemoon.com and find the Register page in the menu bar. Enter your Contact and Billing details as prompted.
Once payment is completed you will be sent a confirmation email and you can then login with the username and password nominated by you in the Registration form.
A detailed invoice can be accessed from the Account page.
Hands-on tour of Possums Over the Moon
For a comprehensive demonstration of the Possums Over the Moon website go to demo.possumsoverthemoon.com
For more information…
If you would like to know more, please send an email to email@example.com